I love quick and easy recipes that also taste delicious! Pasta arrabiata is all of that. Arrabiata means angry and this dish is spicy (angry).
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 garkic cloves, sliced or minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cans crushed tomatoes
salt black pepper
Grated pecorino cheese
8 ounces uncooked Penne rigate pasta
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pot
- Sauté the garlic for about a minute
- Add the red pepper flakes, crushed tomatoes and some basil
- Simmer for about 15 minutes
- Boil the penne rigate pasta
- Toss in the penne pasta and serve with pecorino cheese.
It´s easy to modify this recipe to suit your preferences. I sometimes take fresh chili pepper instead of chili pepper flakes, and if you don´t want it to be too hot and spicy, take less chili.